Update: 18:09 | 16/05/2020
Provinces and cities across the country have organised various activities to commemorate President Ho Chi Minh on the 130th anniversary of his birth (May 19).
The Management Board of President Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum has announced that the Mausoleum will open on Monday, May 18, to serve people paying tribute to the President on his birthday.
As usual, the Mausoleum only opens to the public on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and on holidays.
At the propaganda painting exhibition in Nghe An province, the hometown of Uncle Ho.
* In Nghe An Province, the hometown of Uncle Ho, a propaganda painting exhibition was launched by the provincial Department of Culture and Sports on May 15.
115 outstanding paintings by professional and amateur artists are on display, demonstrating the Vietnamese fighting spirit and the determination for national construction as well as President Ho’s ideology and morality.
* The Hanoi chapter of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union held a ceremony on May 15 to honour young people for following Uncle Ho’s teachings.
90 young Party members with outstanding achievements in different areas were commended within the ceremony.
* Hai Duong Province has launched an exhibition entitled ‘President Ho Chi Minh lives forever in our career’ which is showcasing nearly 300 artifacts, documents and images on the late president.
* Thai Nguyen Province also held an exhibition on President Ho, entitled ‘President Ho Chi Minh – A hero of national liberation of Vietnam and a man of culture’, at the Thai Nguyen University of Education.
More than 200 images, documents and artifacts on the life and career of Uncle Ho are being displayed.
* A photo exhibition featuring 150 photos of Uncle Ho is also underway at the Nguyen Sinh Sac Relic Site in Dong Thap Province as an activity to mark Uncle Ho’s birthday.
* Lam Dong Province also held a similar photo exhibition depicting the life, career, ideology and morality of the beloved president.
* The Party Committee of An Giang Province granted Party membership insignias to 205 Party members on May 15 on the occasion of the 130th birth anniversary of President Ho Chi Minh.