Update: 10:44 | 20/02/2020
(BGO)- The provincial People’s Committee of Bac Giang province issued the Decision No 104/QD-UBND dated 17 February on approval of the province’s programme on investment promotion in 2020.
The programme is aimed to boost investment attraction striving to gain about 1 billion USD of investment capital and establishing at least 1,200 new enterprises in 2020.
Bac Giang gives priorities to qualified investment projects with high added value, applying modern technology, environmental friendliness, high competitiveness and involving in the global value chains of the trans-nation corporations.
The province encourages the industrial projects to gradually transfer from processing to manufacturing. It will also select prestigious big investors to develop financial market while paying special attention to medium and small-scale projects to suit each economic sector and locality.
The province will not give a nod to extend the projects using old technologies with potential risks of environmental pollution and natural resource intensive.
The programme also orientates specific investment sectors as following:
- Industrial sector: mechanical processing, electronics, power production, farm and forestry produce and food processing, garment and textile and supporting industries
- Energy sector: encouraging investors to expand thermal electricity projects in the province and attracting the projects of clean and alternative energies and solar cell projects
- Trade and service sector: attracting investment projects in urban areas, trade centers, luxurious hotels, entertainment services, logistics, financial services, medicine, insurance and resorts
- Tourism sector: attracting investment projects in Suoi Mo tourist site, Cam Son Lake and Khuon Than Lake ecological and resort tourist sites, entertainment, resort and spiritual complex in Nham Bien Mountain and golf court projects.
- Agricultural sector: attracting projects in preservative and processing industry including intensive processing, high-tech processing and material-based farm production and processing for export
This programme includes 13 activities within 5 groups of content such as setting up database and publishing materials for investment promotion activities, promoting and broadcasting the investment climate, policies, potentials and opportunities, providing training to enhance investment promotion capacity and business and investor support.
To that end, Bac Giang province attaches importance on improving the investment climate, supporting investors and enterprises to remove obstacles and proceed the approved projects on schedule, mobilizing resources for investment, going ahead with infrastructure and land preparation, planning and establishing the material areas.
Besides, the province will strengthen collaboration with Vietnam’s overseas commercial counselors and foreign diplomatic agencies in Vietnam for investment promotion.
The total fund for implementation of the province’s 2020 investment promotion programme is 3.219 trillion VND (138.6 million USD). The provincial departments of Planning and Investment, Foreign Affairs, Industrial Zones Authority and Culture, Sport and Tourism shall take in charge of the assigned tasks and duties.