Update: 07:11 | 24/01/2020
(BGO) – Realizing the Resolution of the 18th provincial Party Congress for the 2015-2020 tenure and the 5-year socio-economic development plan (2016-2020), in the context of both advantages and challenges, the Party Organization, authorities and people of Bac Giang province have continued to inherit and promote the tradition of solidarity and made every effort to implement guidelines, tasks and solutions set in the Resolution drastically, synchronously and effectively.
Over the past years, the province has reaped many important successes in all fields, with the results of the following year always higher and more comprehensive than the previous year.
In particular, 2019 was the most successful year for the province, with outstanding achievements as follows:
Standing member of the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong and Secretary of the provincial Party Committee Bui Van Hai talk with workers of the Ha Phong Export Garment Joint Stock Company (Hiep Hoa district).
In terms of economy, the province's overall economic growth reached 16.2 percent, 2.3 times higher than the nation’s average and ranking second in the country (after only Hai Phong city). Total capital mobilized for development investment was nearly 60 trillion VND, up 25 percent compared to 2018 and marking the highest level ever.
Investment attraction and enterprise development continued to make a breakthrough, with 227 projects newly licensed and added capital with a total capital of up to 1.2 billion USD. Bac Giang ranked 6th nationwide in attracting foreign investment and is currently rated as one of the most attractive localities for investors.
The economic structure has changed rapidly from agriculture to industry and services.
Last year, the State budget revenue in the province reached nearly 12 trillion VND (over 517 million USD), the highest level so far, increasing nearly 16 percent and exceeding the estimate by 36 percent.
The province’s agricultural production, despite being heavily influenced by African swine fever, continued to gain many good results. The sector’s total production value surpassed 30.88 trillion VND (1.33 billion USD), a rise of 520 billion VND against 2018.
People's life saw marked and substantial changes, with the average income per capita hitting 2,620 USD and expected to reach over 3,000 USD by 2020 (double the 2015 figure) to catch up with the national average. The rate of poor households sharply decreased to only 5.05 percent. Social security was ensured...
Regarding socio-politics: Thoroughly grasping the guidelines, policies and views of the Party Central Committee, the provincial Party Committee has led the realization of them in practical local conditions, with many creative and effective policies. For the task of economic development, the provincial Party Committee led the improvement of the business and investment environment, focusing on three breakthroughs:
(1) Breakthrough in reforming institutions, especially administrative institutions, organizational structure and personnel; staying persistent and resolute in fighting the expressions of moral and ideological degradation in the Party, rearranging to streamline the apparatus in the political system; educating and training the contingent of cadres, especially the consideration, arrangement and employment of qualified, capable and responsible cadres to undertake the tasks in the new situation...
(2) Breakthrough in infrastructure investment, especially economic infrastructure on the basis of re-planning. A synchronous transport infrastructure system has been prioritized, from rural transport infrastructure to transport infrastructure of national highways, provincial and district roads, as well as from infrastructure of industrial parks to urban, tourism and services infrastructure.
(3) Breakthrough in developing human resources, with a strong shift in labour from agriculture and rural areas to industry and service sectors, strengthening and improving the quality of vocational training establishments, especially technical vocational training ones. Leaders and managers at all levels have been regularly updated with new knowledge and retrained.
With the results achieved in the past four years and in 2019, we have enough grounds to affirm that the province's development is "FAST, COMPREHENSIVE AND FIRM". However, these are only the initial results and to make the local development truly firm, we still have a lot to do in the time to come.
2020 is a year of great significance for the locality and the whole country. This is the last year to implement the Resolution of the 18th provincial Party Congress and the 5-year socio-economic development plan, and also the year when Party congresses at all levels are held towards the 13th National Party Congress.
We must fully tap and optimize the potential and internal resources of the locality and make good use of opportunities and overcome challenges to accomplish the two leading tasks:
(1) Striving to lead the people to successfully complete all the plans set in the Resolution of the 18th provincial Party Congress with the highest level;
(2) Well preparing local development policies and plans for the next 5 years, together with successfully organizing Party congresses at all levels. In particular, focusing on some of the following key contents:
1. Continuing to focus resources to maintain the local economic growth momentum, striving for a GRDP growth rate of 17.1 percent. Boosting the economic restructuring associated with renewing the growth model, promoting harmonious and synchronous development of economic sectors and economic regions, with priority given to industrial development, taking it as the mainstay and the main driving force for the province's development.
Continuing to improve the investment and business environment in an intensive manner. Arranging appropriate land fund for planning and building industrial parks and clusters; focusing on investment in transport infrastructure, strongly reforming administrative procedures to create the maximum conditions for approved investment projects to speed up the progress and soon become operational; at the same time supporting projects that have already come into operation in expanding scale and improving production capacity in order to contribute to the economy.
2. Promoting the development of large-scale concentrated commodity agricultural production associated with preservation, processing and consumption in a value chain. Restructuring livestock sector; developing household- and farm-scale husbandry forms; reorganizing breeding areas, building and organizing a closed chain towards ensuring food hygiene and safety.
Monitoring production at JA Solar Co., Ltd. (Quang Chau Industrial Park).
3. Stepping up promotion of local tourism potential. Making planning and encouraging all economic sectors to invest in developing tourism infrastructure and tourism development projects, ensuring focuses and creating favorable conditions for investors to complete and soon put into operation important tourism projects.
4. Strengthening the management, inspection, examination and handling of violations related to mineral exploitation and environmental protection such as exploitation and transportation of soil, rock, sand, gravel and construction materials... Addressing environmental pollution issues, especially rural environmental pollution.
5. Continuing to pay attention to and spend adequate resources on the socio-cultural fields, especially health and education. Fully, promptly and effectively implementing mechanisms and policies towards people who rendered service to the nation; and taking care of the lives of families with difficult circumstances and ethnic minority people.
6. Continuing to deploy more drastically the work of building the Party and the political system to improve the leadership and combat capacity of the Party and the performance of the Fatherland Front and socio-political organizations; staying persevere and resolute in the fight against degradation in the Party. Continuing to streamline the apparatus to make it effective; renovating the way of thinking in leadership and monitoring; and tightening administrative discipline.
Bui Van Hai,
member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of the provincial Party Committee and Chairman of the provincial People's Council